Tuesday, September 25, 2007

October 2 Feast of The Holy Guardian Angels


October 2
Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels
8th Wedding Anniversary



"May the Angels lead thee into paradise; may the Martyrs receive thee at thy coming, and lead thee into the holy city of Jerusalem.
May the choir of Angels receive thee, and mayest thou have eternal rest with Lazarus, who once was poor."

In Paradisum - Antiphon Catholic Burial Service

"Bless the Lord, all ye His angels: you that are mighty in strength, and execute His word, harkening to the voice of His orders."
Introit (Ps. 102) - Mass of the Feast of the Holy Guardian Angels


"An Angel is assigned to every believer, unless we drive him away through sin. He guards the soul like an army on alert."
- St. Basil the Great

"Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you.
- St. Francis de Sales

"God has given His Angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. In their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone."
- Ps. 90:11-12



http://www.catholic.org/saints/angel.php

http://www.catholictradition.org/Angels/guardians-feast.htm



Prayer to the Holy Guardian Angels:

My good Angel, Thou comest from heaven; God has sent thee to take care of me. Oh, shelter me under thy wings. Lighten my path, direct my steps. Do not leave me, stay quite near me and defend me against the spirit of evil. But above all come to my help in the last struggle of my life. Deliver my soul so that with thee it may praise, love and contemplate the goodness of God forever and ever.

V: God has given His Angel charge over thee,

R: To keep thee in all thy ways.

O God, Who in Thy providence did vouchsafe to send Thine angels to watch over us, grant to Thy suppliants to be continually defended by their protection and to share their companionship in eternity.

No comments: